We work to ensure that our international students’ needs are served every step of the way. We under-stand that unforeseen events happen and plans can sometimes change. Our refund protocol considers such changes, as outlined here:
UGDSB ISP REFUND POLICY
Every refund is subject to the deduction of a $600 CDN administration fee. All requests for refunds must be made in writing and sent to the International Student Program Office. All refunds are to be returned to the original account from where the payment came from via Flywire.
In the event that a student does not come to study at UGDSB or decides to leave UGDSB, the following refund protocol will apply:
A full refund of the tuition fee (less $600) will be issued if:
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not approve a Study Permit. A student must include the original letter of rejection from the Canadian Embassy for a refund. It is recommended that the student maintain a copy for their files.
- The student cannot find a custodian and/or homestay home. A student must include proof that a custodian and/or homestay home could not be obtained.
Two-thirds of the tuition fee (less $600) will be refunded if:
- The student withdraws the application for a Study Permit in his/her own country and the student notifies the Board of such action within 30 calendar days prior to the start of the program.
One-half of the tuition fees (less $600) will be refunded if:
- The student withdraws after the start of the program, but before 30 calendar days have elapsed.
No refund will be granted if:
- The student withdraws 30 calendar days after the start of the program.
- The student is dismissed from the program due to a breach of law, policy, Student Participation Agreement or regulation, as determined by the Government of Canada, the police, and/or the UGDSB.
- The student changes immigration status during the year: Students who have applied for or who become permanent residents of Canada (landed immigrants) after being registered at the school will not be eligible for a refund.